This policy describes how the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (ABOMS) will deliver communications to you electronically. We may amend this policy at any time by posting a revised dated version on our website at www.aboms.org. The revised version will be effective when it is posted.
Electronic Delivery of Communications
You agree and consent to receive electronically all communications, documents, notices and disclosures (collectively, "Communications") that we provide in connection with your Board Status. Communications may include:
• announcements and notifications to include but not limited to Certification Maintenance, Annual Registration, and policy;
• newsletters where detailed information regarding the board will be presented;
• transaction receipts or confirmations;
We will provide these Communications to you by posting them on the ABOMS website and/or by emailing them to you at the email address listed in your ABOMS profile.
Hardware and Software Requirements
In order to access and retain electronic Communications, you will need the following computer hardware and software:
• a computer with an Internet connection;
• a current web browser that includes 128-bit encryption (e.g. Internet Explorer version 6.0 and above, Firefox version 2.0 and above, Chrome version 3.0 and above, or Safari 3.0 and above) with cookies enabled;
• a valid email address (your email address on file with ABOMS); and
• sufficient storage space to save past communications or an installed printer to print them.
• Adobe Acrobat Reader version 8.0 and above to open documents in .pdf format;
You will be notified If and when there are changes to hardware and/or software needs to receive electronic Communications from ABOMS.
Updating Your Contact Information
It is your responsibility to keep your email address up to date so that ABOMS can communicate with you electronically. If ABOMS sends you an electronic Communication, but you do not receive it because your email address on file is incorrect, out of date, blocked by your email/Internet service provider, or you are otherwise unable to receive electronic Communications, ABOMS will be deemed to have provided the Communication to you. If you use a spam filter that blocks or re-routes emails from senders not listed in your email address book, you must add ABOMS to your email address book (AKA whitelisting) so that you will be able to receive the Communications we send to you. If you change your email address this step must be completed again. You can update your email address and other contact information at any time by logging into the ABOMS website. If you are a Diplomate you will go to “Diplomates” to login and then select the “My Contact Information” tab. If you are a Retired Diplomate you will go to ““Diplomates” to login and then select the “My Contact Information” tab. If you are pursuing board certification you will go to “Candidates” to login and then select the “My Contact Information” tab. Please note, your email address is also your login to the website. If you change your email address your website login changes as well.
Effective as of November 2, 2011